Easily Remove a Bumper Sticker
You’ve decided it’s time to remove that bumper sticker or vinyl decal that’s been on your car for years. You tried peeling it off with you fingernails but it wouldn’t budge, and you’re afraid if you keep at it you’ll scratch the pain on your car. There’s got to be an easier way, right?
There is! Well, there’s a little work involved, but once you follow the steps we’ve outlined below, you won’t be able to tell there was ever a sticker on your bumper!
First, here’s what you’ll need: heat gun or blow dryer, plastic card, microfiber towel and/or soft sponge, soapy water and adhesive remover.
1. Clean. Make sure you’ve thoroughly cleaned the area around the sticker so there’s no dirt or grime that could get rubbed into your paint or scratch the glass. Use soapy water and a sponge or microfiber towel on your paint, or window cleaner on glass.
2. Heat. Take the heat gun or blow dryer, turn it on and hold it about a foot away from the sticker. You want to heat up the sticker so the adhesive on the back will become loose. Make sure not to hold the blow dryer or heat gun too close or get the sticker or paint too hot, otherwise it will melt the sticker and ruin your paint.
3. Hold the plastic card at the corner of the sticker to help you peel that corner back, while still concentrating the heat on that area. Once you’ve gently peeled the corner back with the card, use your fingers to pull the sticker away from the paint. Continue heating the sticker and slowly pull it until the sticker is off the car.
If removing a sticker from glass, you can use a razor blade, but we urge you to be very careful.
4. Remove the leftover adhesive. Spray adhesive remover on the residue and wipe off the leftover glue with a microfiber towel until it’s all gone.
5. Clean again with warm soapy water. If removing a sticker from your window, clean with glass cleaner once more.
That’s all there is to it!