Annual Sunflower Festival to Wow Louisiana Residents
Each year, Highway 3049, more specifically Dixie/Shreveport Road, right outside of Gilliam, explodes with yellow, towering sunflowers that run along the country road. Located just 30 minutes north of Shreveport, this is the perfect opportunity to take your family and friends out for a scenic weekend trip!
You can pass through and see the sunflower from the road, but you should get out of the car and enjoy the festivities. Visitors can walk through more than 20 miles of gorgeous sunflower fields or walk around the festival stalls for local highlights. Feel free to bring along a pair of gardening scissors and take home one or two beautiful, massive sunflowers! While at the festival, why not stop by the Veterans Memorial just down the road in Belcher or the Crossroads Museum located in the Gilliam Library?
The Sunflower Festival will include:
- Entertainment for all ages.
- Arts and crafts for sale by local artisans.
- Children’s arts and crafts sessions.
- Live music from local performers and a blues group.
- A photography contest — participants will be featured in the Gilliam library!
- A brand new Sunflower Trail treasure hunt.
- Hunters can find clues and guidelines on the Sunflower Festival Facebook page a week before the festival begins.
- Delicious food from a variety of local vendors, as well as lunch options in downtown Gilliam.
The Sunflower Festival will be held on Saturday, June 15 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., but the sunflowers will be in bloom all season. Be sure to visit or drive by if at all possible this summer. You won’t regret it!
If you’re ready to head out in the perfect Sunflower Festival vehicle, check out the family-friendly and tech-packed 2019 Chrysler Pacifica, available now at Hebert’s Town & Country Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Shreveport! We have a great selection and we know you’ll be able to find the perfect one for your family. Stop by today for a test drive, or give us a call at one of the numbers on the right to schedule an appointment!