Things That Should Always Be In Your Car | Hebert’s Town & Country Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Accidents happen. As much as we don’t like to think about breaking down, hydroplaning, blowing a tire or a number of other things that can happen while traveling, we want you to always be prepared. At Hebert's Town And Country Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram in Shreveport, Louisiana, we know the things you keep in your car can help you if you’re ever stranded on the side of the highway. Read on for our list of essentials for your vehicle!
Comfort and Convenience
These aren’t essentials, but they sure will make driving any distance a little easier.
- Napkins, toilet paper or a roll of paper towels
- Phone charger
- Umbrella and/or rain jacket
- A spare change of clothes and gloves
Maintenance and Repair
In case of a malfunction, these items should be a staple in your vehicle.
- Registration and insurance forms.
- Car manual and physical map (if your phone and GPS die)
- Gas can
- Tire pressure gauge, inflater and sealer
- Jumper cables
- Spare tire, tire jack and tire iron
Safety and Survival
Let’s hope you never have to use any of the following, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
- Water bottles and granola or energy bars (We won’t be made if you have dig into these in a non-emergency.)
- Multitool or a basic tool kit
- First aid kit
- Duct tape
We know these objects are a lot of things to store in a vehicle, especially a small sedan, but you’d be surprised at how much your car can hold. Store them in a bag or box in the trunk and in other compartments and, if you ever need them, you’ll be glad you have them.